The OMT trainer team has multi years of experience in their area of expertise (many of them with over 20 years of experience), have international qualifications and have worked and/or studied abroad. This international exposure, combined with extensive knowledge and insight into the workings of local organizations and agencies, provides a valuable and unique mixture that ensures locally relevant training programmes of international standards.
Over the past decade, OMT trainer team has successfully developed many training and capacity building programs for Vietnamese enterprises, in various formats and media. Highlights include:
• Best-selling series of “Teach Yourself Business Management” (“Doanh nhan tu hoc”) books, sponsored by the MPDF and published by Youth Publishing House in 2001-2002;
• Localisation and deployment of a 6-month training and coaching program for Growth Business of SMEs, with support from the SME Support Center, Curtin University, Australia (2000-2001);
• Multiple management and technical training programs for seafood exporters within the Danida-funded Fisheries Sector Support Program (2002-2006), including: HACCP and Quality Assurance Training, Managerial Skills, Human Resources Management, among others;
• Distance-learning program in Knowledge Management for fisheries sector executives, within the Danida-funded Fisheries Sector Support Program (2002-2006);
• Development and delivery of training program for staffs and managers of the Agency for SME Development (ASMED) via short courses and on-the-job training; then ToT of ASMED in-house trainers (2005-2006);
• Strategic management and capacity building support to enterprises in the wood furniture export sector in Binh Dinh, funded by MPDF (2006);
• Training localization and backstopping to the ILO Technical Cooperation Project – Factory Improvement Program (WMFIP), 2006;
• Capacity building of business associations, including the Haiphong SME Association, Haiphong Young Business Association, Haiphong VCOOPSME, HATA, Stone Carving Business Association in Danang, 2006-2008.