These courses are designed especially for the small business owners, production managers and QA/QC managers of small and medium enterprises. Participants are equipped with just-enough concepts and theories of operation management and quality management, while are shown real-life examples and practical tips on how to implement these best practices in their own business to save on production cost and improve their bottom line. Courses available in 2009 are:
- Overview of Quality Management
- Quality Management Principles
- QA/QC for Young Professionals
- Professionalizing the QMR Position in Manufacturing Companies
- Overview of Environmental Management and Cleaner Production
- Applying Best Practices in Cleaner Production and Energy Saving in Vietnamese Enterprises
- Deploying 5S in a Vietnamese Business
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Introducing Good Agricultural Practices: VietGAP, EurepGAP, GLOBALG.A.P
Lead Trainer: Le Huy Long
Mr Le Huy Long is the Elearning Development Manager of OMT. His expertise is quality management and production management. Mr. Long is a certified ISO 9000 and ISO 22000 Lead Auditor and has consulted various companies including the International Dairy JSC (IDP), Long Giang Tea Company, Huy Quang Foods, Hai Ha Confectionary Company, Hien Thanh Foods and Ha Long Beer Company. Since late 2008 Mr. Long has been intensively involved in the development of online training courses on the topics of Quality Management System, Food Hygiene and Safety and Exporter Market Standards in Hygiene and Safety for the Online Management Training program.
Long holds a bachelor’s degree in food technology and biology technology from Hanoi University of Technology and is a Master Online Teacher certified by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.